What we are looking for:
The Lunenburg Farmers’ Market Association prides itself on representing the best that our province has to offer, focusing on Lunenburg and Queens Counties.
We are not bound by any particular set of criteria and reserve the right to accept or refuse anyone as a vendor at any time. Our basic criteria are as follows:
- The vendor must be a primary or secondary producer.
- A minimum of 75% of the product sold by food producers must be of the vendors’ own production. Up to 25% may be of someone else’ production on market days. This must be approved by the Market Manager and meet our product guidelines set out in policies and procedures.
- 100% of all products sold by non-food vendors (artisans, crafters, etc) must be of their own production.
- There must be available space in the appropriate product category
- Direct re-selling of products is not permitted
- All new vendors will start as occasional vendors for their first year. Membership status will be evaluated the following year and will depend on space availability.
The Lunenburg Farmers’ Market is primarily a Farmers’ Market, and we always strive to maintain our ratio of primary to secondary producers at 60% primary, 40% secondary.
Currently, we are looking for year-round vegetable growers. Our artisan spaces are full for this year. Please review the documents below before applying.
Our elected board of directors reviews all requests at the end of each month. Please allow at least three weeks for a response from our Market Manager.
All vendors, current and interested, are required to apply annually.
Important information for vendors:
Please read our FAQs to find answers to the most common questions.
Vendor Application Form: LFM Vendor Application 2019
Online Food Vending Checklist: LFM Food Vending Checklist 2019
Policies and Procedures of our market: Polices & Procedures
Lunenburg Farmers’ Market Bylaws: Market Bylaws
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below if you have any questions: